Hi fellow friends, hope you guys are having a good day today, everyday is a brand new day.
Today’s article here is to remind you that the Azure AD Connect all version 1 will be expiring soon, on 31st August 2022, this year this month.
What happen if you don’t upgrade before the due date?
Basically you will face service disruption such as accounts, computers objects and passwords will be affected.
– New users created in Active Directory will no longer synchronized to Microsoft 365 cloud
– New values added into the accounts/user will no longer reflecting the updates/changes into your Microsoft 365 cloud
– Basically any changes you make towards the accounts/user that you would like to sync to Microsoft 365 would not allowed
– If your environment has Microsoft Intune or Hybrid join devices then you will have issue onboarding new devices to Microsoft Intune
– If your environment allow users to reset their own password from Microsoft 365 and synchronized back the new password to the Active directory would not be not allowed
– This is affecting the environment that has password writeback feature enabled in the Azure AD Connect
Any concerns should I take in for the current configuration before upgrading?
- Remember your Microsoft 365 global administrator credential, because you are require to re-establish the connection when you are performing an upgrade of the Azure AD Connect
- Make sure your server’s storage, Operating System and RAM size is still following the best practice
- Make sure you are following the new version of Azure AD Connects prerequisite