Hey guys and girls, hope you are enjoying your weekends. Please do keep a safe distance while you are in public area and wearing your mask.
So while I was doing my lab testing and wanting to remove the device from managed autopilot but it was failed to do so, due to the device were managed by Intune. Below is the error, if you would try to delete the device object from Autopilot.
To resolve this issue, is to remove the device from Intune and then you could able to remove the device from Autopilot.
Steps to proceed to resolve this issue are;
- Access or login with your necessary credential that has permission to enter Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- One the left taskbar, Select on Devices
- Select platform : Windows
- Search for the device name that you would wish to remove
- Once the device is found, select on the device and click Delete
- For the device to be deleted, will take around 3 to 5 mins
- Click on the Refresh, to make sure the device is completely deleted
- Once the device object is completely deleted, on the left taskbar select on Devices
- Select Enroll Devices
- Select Windows enrollment
- Select Devices Managed Autopilot
- Search for the device and Select the device that you wish to remove
- Click Delete and you have successfully delete the device from Autopilot