Want to manage your cloud Distribution List with on-premise? You could do soft-matching to get Distribution list match and synchronized back to Office 365.
Yes, to perform this you could either manually or powershell. Manually means that you will configure using the GUI of AD. For powershell is for a large amount of Distribution List.
The 3 major attributes needed to fulfill in AD for having a successful soft-matching are;
*Note: 3 of these attributes above must have the same value with the Distribution list in Office 365.
Next, after finishing fulfilling the values of these 3 attributes, you can go ahead to your Azure AD server (AADC) and run the sync.
- Open Windows Powershell or open Microsoft Azure Powershell Module
- Type this command
Start-ADSyncSyncCycle -PolicyType Delta
- *Note: This only sync changes
- Check your Azure Sync Client Interface for sync progress
- Once sync progress is finish, go to your Office 365 portal
- At the admin center > Groups > Search for your Distribution list